Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query
Date
Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query  (Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu>)
List pgsql-general
Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:
> ... In any case, feedback would be helpful. Details of my attempts
> at optimization are at
> http://bulldog.duhs.duke.edu/~faheem/snppy/opt.pdf

By and large, this is not the way to ask for help on the Postgres lists.
If you're supplying extremely large test data or something, it's fair to
provide a link instead of putting the information in-line, but otherwise
you should try to make your email self-contained.  Those of us who are
willing to help are not here just to help you --- we'd like other people
to learn from it too, both at the time and later from the archived
discussion.  So the information needs to be in the email thread, not
only on some transient web page.

            regards, tom lane