Re: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6
Date
List pgsql-general

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/101-Installing-PostgreSQL-12-betaRC-on-RHELCentOSFedora.html

>> and change to RH/CentOS 6.
>

> Thanks for the idea; however, that didn't work.

Well the below is just one part of the above.

Did you:

etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo

[pgdg12-updates-testing]

enabled=1

and then:

yum -y install postgresql12-server postgresql12-contrib

 From your original post I gathered that you went here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/

and grabbed individual packages. Is that correct?

> $ sudo yum -y install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
> Setting up Install Process
> epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm                                                            |  14 kB     00:00
> Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: epel-release-6-8.noarch
> /var/tmp/yum-root-aZqbqq/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
> Error: Nothing to do
>

> It looks like they're not ready for Centos 6 yet and I'm not ready for 8.0 -- well, it's not even released until
tomorrowand I'm sure that's a whole 'nother battle. I'll just grab the source and give that a try.

> Kevin
> This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain
confidentialinformation. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the
informationcontained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in
error,please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without
readingthem or saving them to disk. Thank you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com