RE: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Brannen
Subject RE: can't install pg 12 beta on centos 6
Date
List pgsql-general
>From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>On 9/23/19 2:00 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
>>> Adrian Klaver wrote:

>Well the below is just one part of the above.
>
>Did you:
>
>etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo
>
>[pgdg12-updates-testing]
>
>enabled=1
>
>and then:
>
>yum -y install postgresql12-server postgresql12-contrib
>
> From your original post I gathered that you went here:
>
>https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/
>
>and grabbed individual packages. Is that correct?

Hmm, no, I didn't add the pgdg-redhat-all.repo.

Yes I did grab the RPMs directly as I thought that should have been good enough.
And really, it is as far as the Pg code. The issue is the non-Pg dependencies not
found in the standard Centos.

For the moment, I do have the source and I've compiled it successfully.
That will hold me for now as I change our environment and install scripts
so I can test v12 against our code.

I'll revisit this again when the RC's come out and I'll try your suggestions then.

Thanks for your help, Adrian!
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.