Re: Audio & Video? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: Audio & Video?
Date
List pgsql-www
I'd agree that this probably doesn't belong in the Wiki or the main www tree.  Perhaps a simple host: media.postgresql.org would suffice, with a plain html index template that Josh can edit as he adds items and the ability to serve the content.

If setting up a jail and such for this is a pain right now, I could setup a vhost on my shared hosting box for the time being and setup a generic template for you to edit, Josh.

Gavin

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:

>> It's probably fair to discuss what is a reasonable space budget for
>> audio/video stuff, and maybe to try to prevent it from being mirrored
>> if the sysadmins think that would be a good idea.  But this doesn't
>> strike me as being too large for the servers we've got.
>
> we have more than enough resources to host stuff like this - the wiki
> allows uploads of content of up to 100MB per object (it used to display
> a warning for stuff that was larger than 150kb but I just disabled
> that).

I think the Wiki is not a good place for storing such things.  It barely
knows that binary files are "images"