Re: Recommended Modeling Tools? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Arni
Subject Re: Recommended Modeling Tools?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 04/09/2019 05.51, matthewph76 wrote:
> Can anybody advise on some of the best PostgreSQL modeling tools in
> terms of keeping the most current with PostgreSQL releases for
> physical modeling?
>
> For example, I'd like to take advantage of some of the newer
> partitioning features in PG11, but many of the modeling tools I've
> investigated don't seem to support 11.x yet (Toad - 10, PGModeler -
> 10+, Idera ER/Studio - 9.x).
>
> I don't mind writing the initial DDL manually to define the objects,
> but I'd like a tool which can properly reverse engineer schemas into
> SQL scripts.
>
> Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
>
> -Matt

This is an interesting question indeed. However the lack of responses
and the mentioned lack of support for newer PGSQL versions in those
tools would suggest there is not much interest in modelling tools in the
Postgres community...

Reagards,
Arni