Re: Recommended Modeling Tools? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From jbullock
Subject Re: Recommended Modeling Tools?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 9/6/19 3:15 AM, Arni wrote:

> On 04/09/2019 05.51, matthewph76 wrote:
>> Can anybody advise on some of the best PostgreSQL modeling tools in
>> terms of keeping the most current with PostgreSQL releases for
>> physical modeling?

<snip>
>> -Matt
> This is an interesting question indeed. However the lack of responses
> and the mentioned lack of support for newer PGSQL versions in those
> tools would suggest there is not much interest in modelling tools in the
> Postgres community...
>
> Reagards,
> Arni

pgmodeler: so far I'm a fanboy. More oriented toward semantic DBMS
features than physical.

pgadmin4 is (now) packaged for OpenSuSE; me being neither packager, nor
Python guy, somebody got there before me.

Install of the RPM read in one hundred twenty (120) required python
packages (libraries bundled for RPM n dependency soliver.). So, I feel
less bad about running out of cycles doing that by hand, earlier.

120+ required python libraries suggests pgadmin4 might be a tad brittle
in maintenance. Somebody's gonna change something...

--
Jim Bullock, Rare Bird Enterprises, "Conscious Development"
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rarebirdenterprises

Listen to a round table of experts in these books from Dorset House:
Roundtable on Project Management, http://www.dorsethouse.com/books/rpm.html
Roundtable on Technical Leadership, http://www.dorsethouse.com/books/rtl.html