RE: track_planning causing performance regression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tharakan, Robins
Subject RE: track_planning causing performance regression
Date
Re: track_planning causing performance regression  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> During fully-cached SELECT-only test using pgbench, Postgres v13Beta1
> shows ~45% performance drop [2] at high DB connection counts (when
> compared with v12.3)

It'd be great if we could also give credit to "Sean Massey" for this find.

This study on performance regression was done after his (internal) triaging
that the v13 regression disappeared before this commit.

I regret the omission in the original post.
-
thanks
robins