Postgresql/linux speed + reliability - Mailing list pgsql-general

From eel@javabox.com (Eel)
Subject Postgresql/linux speed + reliability
Date
Re: Postgresql/linux speed + reliability
List pgsql-general
Hi,
  I was almost finished with a VB/MS-access app and went to install on
the client's site.  Started having horrible (once a day) database
corruption problems.  I'm recommending that we switch to
Linux/Postgresql.  It's been 100% reliable and fast for me on several
web sites that I manage.

  Anybody care to comment on VB/odbc connection to Linux/Postresql?
Is it fast?  Is it reliable?  I'm looking at about 8 users hitting the
database pretty hard for 2 shifts a day.  Also have a barcode reader
polling app that does updates about 3 times a second.  Is it going to
work?

Thanks!