Re: Solaris Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kelly McTiernan
Subject Re: Solaris Performance
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm running PostgreSQL on a Sun Ultra 60 running Solaris 8.  It's maybe not
a fair comparison, as before I was running everything
(JBoss/TomCat/Apache/PostgreSQL) on a 550MHz Pentium with 384M of RAM, and a
single 7200 RPM IDE drive, but I got a real big boost in performance when I
moved PosgreSQL onto the Solaris box.  It seems like a pretty good platform
for PosgreSQL, and I would think the 10K drives would speed things up a bit.
But I'm no expert.
Kelly McTiernan