Re: TODO List - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Luis Ochoa
Subject Re: TODO List
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi, Dave in the todo list as major project you can add and an entity relationship model tool with reverse engineering that manage all major features of postgresql (like complex types and others). I hope to help in this item after start to work again in the GQB and finish it :)   I have been busy :(.

- Will be very interesting create a tool (Report tool) that allow dbas to create reports of data inside the databases (probably using the GQB) because this is one of the most tedious work in some organizations  where the dba is developer too (not as part of main pgAdmin but as a plugin or something like that).

- Something very important for me, is the creation of an update wizard that alert users that there is a new version of pgAdmin and allow to install it, or at least inform about the new features of the new version, because  some organizations  are using very old versions of pgAdmin and never remember about update it.

And a list of ideas from commercial applications:
- Blob View/Editor for more common files stored (like images) when navigate througth data
- Help with bussines intelligent applications like OLAP or a data mart / data warehouse design tool
- Interface to use SSH/HTTP tunnel

This are just ideas.

Regards, Luis.