Re: RFC: Additional Directory for Extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: RFC: Additional Directory for Extensions
Date
Re: RFC: Additional Directory for Extensions
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 01:52:26PM -0400, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I realize this probably isn´t going to happen for 17, given the freeze,
> but I would very much welcome feedback and pointers to address concerns
> about providing a second directory for extensions and DSOs. Quite a few
> people have talked about the need for this in the Extension Mini
> Summits[1], so I´m sure I could get some collaborators to make
> improvements or look at a different approach.

At first glance, the general idea seems reasonable to me.  I'm wondering
whether there is a requirement for this directory to be prepended or if it
could be appended to the end.  That way, the existing ones would take
priority, which might be desirable from a security standpoint.

--
nathan