Re: i386 support dropped? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: i386 support dropped?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David Steele
> I can't find an announcement related to this but it looks like i386 support
> has been dropped from the Ubuntu 20.04 and Debian 11 repos.

Hi David,

it's been a while like that, the last releases with i386 on apt.pg.
were Debian buster (10) and Ubuntu bionic (18.04)

> Just wanted to confirm this is the case on the off chance I'm doing
> something wrong. There are also a few packages we need that are missing from
> base i386 Ubuntu 20.04 so I guess i386 is just dying off?

Ubuntu degraded i386 to an "extra architecture without kernel and
installer" a while ago, yes.

That said, I'm still keeping it enabled on apt.pg.o as a build target
on Debian sid because even if I'm not doing that, I'll get the same
surprises after uploading to Debian. Better catch that early.

Christoph