REINDEX in tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Apitz
Subject REINDEX in tables
Date
List pgsql-general
We have a client who run REINDEX in certain tables of the database of
our application (on Linux with PostgreSQL 13.x):

REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY d83last;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY d86plz;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY ig_memtable;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY ig_dictionary;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY ig_dictionary;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY d50zweig ;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY d50zweig ;

We as the software vendor and support, do not use or recommend this
procedure, because we have own SQL files for creating or deleting
indices in the around 400 tables.

The client is now concerned about the issue that the number of
rows in some of the above tables has increased. Is this possible?

Thanks

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045