Re: WAL Archiving and base backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Subject Re: WAL Archiving and base backup
Date
List pgsql-general
>On 1/14/22 1:40 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>snip]
>> We shouldn't be trying to provide
>> documentation around how to write a tool like pgbackrest, we should,
>> instead, have a tool like pgbackrest in core with its own documentation,
>> as most other RDBMS's do.

>That's an excellent solution to this problem.

While I know the reasons for not having something like pgbackrest in core, I think this is a major drawback for the
project.People coming from commercial systems are used to have that tooling included by default.

+1 for having that in core

Regards
Daniel