Re: Remove nonmeaningful prefixes in PgStat_* fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Remove nonmeaningful prefixes in PgStat_* fields
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 10:05:21AM +0100, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Good point and keeping it as it is currently would not
> affect the work that is/will be done in [1].

I guess that I'm OK with that to get more of pgstatfuncs.c to use
macros for the function definitions there..  Alvaro, Tom, perhaps you
still think that this is unadapted?  Based on the file split and the
references to funcentry and tabentry, I think that's OK, but that
stands just as one opinion among many..

> So, please find attached V2 attached taking this comment into account.
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/89606d96-cd94-af74-18f3-c7ab2b684ba2%40gmail.com

Nice.  I am pretty sure that finishing some of that is doable by the
end of this CF to reduce the size of pgstatfuncs.c overall.
--
Michael

Attachment