Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 04:28:02PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 4:19 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> > The only issue with this is that cfbot has squished all the commits into
> > one, and lost the original commit messages (if any).  I submitted
> > patches to address that but still waiting for feedback.
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220623193125.GB22452@telsasoft.com
>
> Right. I would like to see that change. But you still need to have CF
> tester/the CF app remember the last master branch commit that worked
> before bitrot. And you have to provide an easy way to get that
> information.

No - the last in cfbot's repo is from the last time it successfully
applied the patch.  You can summarily check checkout cfbot's branch to
build (or just to git log -p it, if you dislike github's web interface).

If you're curious and still wanted to know what commit it was applied
on, it's currently the 2nd commit in "git log" (due to squishing
all patches into one).