Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 04:51:20PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> > Just to confirm I saw this on RC1
>
> What test case are you using?

Hi,

Currently the way I have to reproduce it is:

- install the regression database
- drop all tables but:
    hash_i4_heap, hash_name_heap, hash_txt_heap,
      quad_poly_tbl, road
- run 10 sqlsmith processes... normally in an hour or less the problem
  appears

I have the logs from the last time it happened so maybe I can trace the
exact pattern to reproducite at will... at least to keep a test
somewhere.

BTW, so far so good with your last fix (about 12 hours now)...

--
Jaime Casanova
Director de Servicios Profesionales