Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Apitz
Subject Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?
Date
List pgsql-general
El día jueves, mayo 26, 2022 a las 12:02:35 -0400, Tom Lane escribió:

> I wonder though if the
> OP should be considering using SELECT FOR UPDATE in his cursor,
> so that it'd automatically chain up to the newest row version.

I diged into this but the CURSOR are all declared WITH HOLD and this
conflicts with FOR UPDATE. And this is not easy to change in our generic
generated DB-layer for all the ~400 tables.

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045