Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 04:54:18PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 05:05:32PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>> Anyway, the only committer that showed some interest in the feature is Michael,
>> and he seemed ok in principle with the "alias-implementation" approach.
>> Michael, did you have a look at this version ([1]), or do you think it should
>> simply be rejected?
>
> After a couple of months I see that there is unfortunately no agreement on this
> patch, or even its need.

I got a short look at what was proposed in the patch a couple of
months ago, and still found the implementation confusing with the way
aliases are handled, particularly when it came to several layers of
pl/pgsql.  I am fine to let it go for now.
--
Michael

Attachment