Re: More time spending with "delete pending" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 07:00:01AM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> As Tom Lane noted above, the code added with bed90759f is dubious
> (_NtQueryInformationFile() can not be used to handle the "delete
> pending" state as CreateFile() returns INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE in this case.)
> Probably that change should be reverted. Should I do it along with the
> proposed fix?

Ah, I see.  I have managed to miss your point.  If
_NtQueryInformationFile() cannot be used, then we'd actually miss the
contents for standardInfo and the pending deletion.  If you could send
everything you have, that would be helpful!  I'd like to test that
stuff by myself, with all the contents discussed at disposal for a
proper evaluation.
--
Michael

Attachment