Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 10:08:36AM +0200, Ярослав Пашинский wrote:
> Yes, for this moment I have 4 clusters on developer server and 1 cluster
> that I`m testing by my own and there is no error connected with
> access to WAL files for last about 17-20 hours. I`ll will run my prod
> clusters and will also tell you. If I won`t send you any new message - the
> problem is gone also on prod server. Thanks in advance!

Cool.  So, it really looks like we have found the issue based on what
you are saying here, and that we had better consider as a first step a
revert of aaaef7a on HEAD and REL_13_STABLE.

So, what do others think?  Would people agree to revert aaaef7a for
now?

> P.S: the error "2021-03-18 12:22:26.096 EET [4840] LOG:  could not rename
> temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/global.tmp" to
> "pg_stat_tmp/global.stat": Permission denied" still be, as I know it`s not
> very

This one is in a different code path.

> P.S.S: will be this patch available to download for everyone?

Well, if a different committer or myself is able to get a patch
committed, it will available to everyone once 13.3 gets released.
This would happen in May based on the existing roadmap:
https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/

How much did you test the unpatched builds by the way?
--
Michael

Attachment