Re: Error-safe user functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Error-safe user functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:26:45AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm making an attempt at this or something very similar to it. I don't yet
>> have a patch ready.

Nice to hear that.  If a WIP or a proof of concept takes more than a
few hours, how about beginning a new thread with the ideas you have in
mind so as we could agree about how to shape this error-to-default
conversion facility on data input?

> Cool.  We can't delay too much longer on this if we want to have
> a credible feature in v16.  Although I want a minimal initial
> patch, there will still be a ton of incremental work to do after
> the core capability is reviewed and committed, so there's no
> time to lose.

I was glancing at the patch of upthread and the introduction of a v2
scared me, so I've stopped at this point.
--
Michael

Attachment