Re: Export CSV from psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29
Subject Re: Export CSV from psql
Date
List pgsql-general
[sNip]
> I have been playing with this lately, and I have found that if you use
>
> \f ,
> \o /tmp/output.csv
>
> it opens fine in excel,  it just bypasses the need to go
> next, next, finish when opening from a TAB separated .txt file

        Have you tested other Spreadsheet applications?  If not, please feel
free to post both .TAB and .TXT files in a reply here in this newsgroup and
I'll try to load them up in Quattro Pro and post the results (and maybe
others who use different spreadsheet applications could do the same if they
have a little extra time to spare).

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.