Re: Postgresql vs. MySql - need feature matrix for current versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29
Subject Re: Postgresql vs. MySql - need feature matrix for current versions
Date
List pgsql-general
> It would be helpful to both communities if there was a factual
> feature-by-feature grid comparing the relative capabilities of Postgresql
> 7.4 and MySQL 4.x. It would probably be best to limit it to objective
> measures such as "Supports sub-selects in UPDATE queries". Even features
> that are supported by both should be listed, just so the evaluator can
> make it as a known issue. A separate supplemental section offering
> subjective items such as scalability anecdotes would be useful, too.
>
> An associate starting a project expecting to use MySQL asked me about it.
> I had formed my own unscientific impressions that PostgreSQL was more
> appropriate for his app, but I googled in vain for an updated PostgreSQL
> vs. MySQL table as described above. I only found one from 2001, and many
> of the distinctions no longer applied to current versions.

        How does this one look?

                Database Server Feature Comparisons
                http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.