Re: Postgres Pain Points 2 ruby / node language drivers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Postgres Pain Points 2 ruby / node language drivers
Date
List pgsql-general
På fredag 12. august 2016 kl. 11:24:16, skrev Daevor The Devoted <dollien@gmail.com>:

[snip]
If you don't like your domain-model to be very close to your physical DB-model, there's nothing preventing you from having a persistence-model, using the ORM, and map that to/from your domain-model. However, I don't see any of these challenges getting easier by throwing the ORM out and having the developers handling everything themselves using SQL directly.

Could you elaborate on this method? Or direct me to docs describing it in more detail? I'm quite interested in this approach, but would like to see what amount of overhead (development and maintenance) this might result in.

I'm not in favor of this method myself as, IMO, it adds an unnecessary mapping-layer which just slows down development. But it might make sense depending on how much control you have on your DB, domain-model, code, developers etc.

I don't have any pointers describing this separation tho, try asking Mr. Google, that's what I'd do.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment