Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 17:10:43, skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> writes:
> P�� tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 16:54:19, skrev Adrian Klaver <
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>  Off hand I would say you are running pg_dump as a user that is not a
>  superuser:

> Yes, since when should I not be able to dump a DB (owned by a non-superuser)
> as that user?

The problem is that -t '*' is being interpreted as matching system
catalogs.  You might be able to get somewhere with

pg_dump -t '*' -N pg_catalog ...

Probably we should fix pg_dump so it doesn't try to dump system catalogs
as tables, even if the switches seem to ask it to.

regards, tom lane

That didn't work either:
pg_dump -t '*' -N pg_catalog
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation pg_authid
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: LOCK TABLE pg_catalog.pg_authid IN ACCESS SHARE MODE

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment