Re: [HACKERS] Gather Merge - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Gather Merge
Date
List pgsql-hackers
På fredag 10. mars 2017 kl. 09:53:47, skrev Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com>:

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På torsdag 09. mars 2017 kl. 18:09:45, skrev Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Rushabh Lathia
<rushabh.lathia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see this failure with the patch. Even I forced the gather merge
> in the above query and that just working fine.
>
> Attaching patch, with the discussed changes.

Committed.

I'm still getting (as of 9c2635e26f6f4e34b3b606c0fc79d0e111953a74):
ERROR:  GatherMerge child's targetlist doesn't match GatherMerge

from this query:

EXPLAIN ANALYSE SELECT
    em.entity_id
FROM origo_email_delivery del   JOIN origo_email_message em ON (del.message_id = em.entity_id)
WHERE 1 = 1
      AND del.owner_id = 3
      AND (         del.from_entity_id = 279519
          OR
          del.from_entity_id = 3 AND em.entity_id IN (             SELECT
                  ea_owner.message_id             FROM origo_email_address_owner ea_owner             WHERE ea_owner.recipient_id = 279519
          )     )

ORDER BY del.received_timestamp DESC
LIMIT 101 OFFSET 0;

Is this known or shall I provide more info/schema etc?

Please provide the reproducible test if possible.

The execution-plan seems (unsurprisingly) to depend on data-distribution, so is there a way I can force a GatherMerge?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh