Re: Sv: JIT in PostgreSQL 12 ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Sv: JIT in PostgreSQL 12 ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
På onsdag 29. mai 2019 kl. 11:13:10, skrev Tobias Gierke <tobias.gierke@code-sourcery.de>:
Hi,
På onsdag 29. mai 2019 kl. 10:02:50, skrev Tobias Gierke <tobias.gierke@code-sourcery.de>:
Hi,

Browsing the PostgreSQL 12 release notes I noticed that JIT is now
enabled by default. Having not followed PostgreSQL development closely -
does this mean that compilation results are now getting cached and
compilation is no longer executed separately for each worker thread in a
parallel query ?

I don't know, but just want to chime in with my experience with PG-12 and JIT: Execution-time is still way worse then JIT=off for your queries so we'll turn JIT=off until we can mesure performance-gain.

Hm, that's a bummer. So I guess we'll also have to make sure JIT is turned off when upgrading.

That's what we'll do, unfortunately:-(

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS