Oracle to Postgresql conversion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob prograsp
Subject Oracle to Postgresql conversion
Date
List pgsql-general
Hallo All,

Does anyone know how I can convert an application written with Oracle Portal (including Apache), Oracle
packages, procedures, functions, etc. and PSP
(a mixture of
PL/SQL and HTML).

One suggestion is that the new application could access PostgreSQL from within Apache using Java Servlet
pages: if there were any tools to convert the
code, then
that would be fine, but I expect there are not. PostgreSQL  recommend PHP, but I think with Apache we must use
the second choice, namely Java? Is
there a chance of
using a front-end, or is that an expensive solution? I have no  worries about PL/SQL, because there are
conversion utilities available!

Regards,

Bob Wheldon
win@pfaffenhofen.de