misread release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ohp@pyrenet.fr
Subject misread release notes
Date
Re: misread release notes  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Methinks I made a big mistake when swapping from 8.2.1 to 8.2.2

I read the "fix incorrect permission check in
information_schema_key_column_usage_view" chapter in HISTORY far too fast
and fed psql on each database with share/information_schema.sql.
Too late to stop it!
What did I do wrong, and how can I go backwards (I imagine %I broke
something!)

Unrelated, I have problem with conforming string: adding a E is easy in C
or PHP but SpamAssassin has this plpgsql function  :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION put_tokens(inuserid INTEGER,                                     intokenary BYTEA[],
                           inspam_count INTEGER,                                     inham_count INTEGER,
                     inatime INTEGER)

RETURNS VOID AS '
DECLARE _token BYTEA; new_tokens INTEGER := 0;
BEGIN for i in array_lower(intokenary, 1) .. array_upper(intokenary, 1) LOOP   _token := intokenary[i];   UPDATE
bayes_token     SET spam_count = greatest_int(spam_count + inspam_count, 0),          ham_count =
greatest_int(ham_count+ inham_count, 0),          atime = greatest_int(atime, inatime)    WHERE id = inuserid      AND
token= _token;   IF NOT FOUND THEN     -- we do not insert negative counts, just return true     IF NOT (inspam_count <
0OR inham_count < 0) THEN       INSERT INTO bayes_token (id, token, spam_count, ham_count, atime)       VALUES
(inuserid,_token, inspam_count, inham_count, inatime);       IF FOUND THEN         new_tokens := new_tokens + 1;
ENDIF;     END IF;   END IF; END LOOP;

 IF new_tokens > 0 AND inatime > 0 THEN   UPDATE bayes_vars      SET token_count = token_count + new_tokens,
newest_token_age= greatest_int(newest_token_age, inatime),          oldest_token_age = least_int(oldest_token_age,
inatime)   WHERE id = inuserid; ELSEIF new_tokens > 0 AND NOT inatime > 0 THEN   UPDATE bayes_vars      SET token_count
=token_count + new_tokens    WHERE id = inuserid; ELSEIF NOT new_tokens > 0 AND inatime > 0 THEN   UPDATE bayes_vars
 SET newest_token_age = greatest_int(newest_token_age, inatime),          oldest_token_age =
least_int(oldest_token_age,inatime)    WHERE id = inuserid; END IF; RETURN;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

As you see, token is bytea where do I put the E in the insert query?

Keep the good job!
Regards
--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)