Re: [HACKERS] regressin failure on latest CVS - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ohp@pyrenet.fr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] regressin failure on latest CVS
Date
List pgsql-patches
I just checked latest CVS (5 mn ago) the problem is still the same,
BTW, this is on Unixware 714 and no --enable-integer-datetime

Regards
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Rocco Altier wrote:

> Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:15:44 -0400
> From: Rocco Altier <RoccoA@Routescape.com>
> To: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
> Cc: Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com>, pgsql-patches@postgresql.org,
>      pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org, ohp@pyrenet.fr
> Subject: RE: [HACKERS] regressin failure on latest CVS
>
> This still does not fix the problem.
>
> I had done my patch to try to mimic the way 8.0 had handled the math
> with the remainders, but to carry it over another bucket (day).
>
> The problem that I see is that we are taking day_remainder and
> multiplying by USECS_PER_DAY.  Which is a double * int64, thus there is
> the precision loss there.
>
> I think initial division by the factor can't be helped, but repeatedly
> doing more floating point math on with it is causing the rounding error.
>
> Thanks,
>     -rocco

Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)
31190 AUTERIVE                       +33-6-07-63-80-64 (GSM)
FRANCE                          Email: ohp@pyrenet.fr
Make your life a dream, make your dream a reality. (St Exupery)