Re: regressin failure on latest CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rocco Altier
Subject Re: regressin failure on latest CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This still does not fix the problem.

I had done my patch to try to mimic the way 8.0 had handled the math
with the remainders, but to carry it over another bucket (day).

The problem that I see is that we are taking day_remainder and
multiplying by USECS_PER_DAY.  Which is a double * int64, thus there is
the precision loss there.

I think initial division by the factor can't be helped, but repeatedly
doing more floating point math on with it is causing the rounding error.

Thanks,
    -rocco