Re: [GENERAL] arrays - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mike Sosteric
Subject Re: [GENERAL] arrays
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Question #1:  If each record has 67 fields, and each field may appear in
> several languages, is it possible for some fields to be in more languages
> than others?  I.e. if "title-en" and "title-de" exist, does it follow that
> "content-en" and "content-de" exist as well?   Or not?

yes.

> Question #2: Does your XML schema allow locall defined attributes?  That is,
> do some records have entire attributes ("fields" ) that other records do not?

yes.

> Suggestion #1:  Joe Celko's "SQL for Smarties, 2nd Ed." is an excellent book
> for giving you ideas on how to adapt SQL structures to odd purposes.

I have ordered the book from amazon.ca

> --
> -Josh Berkus
>  Aglio Database Solutions
>  San Francisco

Mike Sosteric <mikes@athabascau.ca>       Managing Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>
Department of Global and Social Analysis  Executive Director, ICAAP <http://www.icaap.org/>
Athabasca University                      Cell: 1 780 909 1418
Simon Fraser University                   Adjunct Professor                   Masters of Publishing Program
--
This troubled planet is a place of the most violent contrasts.
Those that receive the rewards are totally separated from those who

___   This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it   is addressed, and may contain
confidential,personal, and or privileged   information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipientof this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take   action relying on it. Any communications
receivedin error, or   subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

---