Re: Postgres hash tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nailah Ogeer
Subject Re: Postgres hash tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry to bother you again but i am having a real hard time getting stats
from the relation. What i have is a shared memory linked list of
relfilenodes. I simply want to get the stats of all these relations and
add them up. I was using pgstat_fetch_stat_tabentry(relid) as an sql
statement and this worked beautifully.
Now i am trying to do it at every
checkpoint before flushing all relations. BUt the above fetch
function does not work. So then i tried getting the stat info from the
relation itself but am having problems with the
RelationNodeCacheGetRelation function which always seems to give me null.
Can you tell me how i can get this info in the backend???
I can see the relation in my list and there is a matching relation in
pg_class. I just need to get the relationdesc back