Re: [HACKERS] psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nailah Ogeer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Well here's the thing. Before i was trying to use ShmemInitStruct in
buf_init.c. The problem with this is that you can't shrink or grow shared
memory. That is why i switched over and just used malloc. So i seem to be
in a big dilemma, on one hand, if i use malloc, i can't keep this info i
need; and on the other if i use shmeminitstruct then i can't shrink or
grow the BP clusters.
But i will try to test your hypothesis to see if shared memory will take
care of this.