Javascript & PHP?? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Richie
Subject Javascript & PHP??
Date
Re: Javascript & PHP??  (Louis Bertrand <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>)
List pgsql-php
Hi

I have a Javascript function which is supposed to open up a seperate
window with an image from the database. The image location is just stored
on the database and it is returned back from the database no problem. Lets
say I assign a variable $temp to be equal to the location. I then create a
link which when the user clicks it will start a Javascript which is
supposed to read the value of $temp and open up a window accordingly.
However all it does is open up a blank window. Here is my script...

<?
printf("<script language=\"javascript\">");
printf("function liveWindow(){var

liveWindow4=window.open(\"$temp\",liveWindow4,\"width=310,height=420,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,directories=0,status=0,copyhistory=0,maximise=no,left=30,top=30\");}");
printf("</script>");
and then somewhere further on....

$temp = $currentCombinedRow[15];  //location of image!
printf("<A HREF =\"javascript:onclick=liveWindow()\">Click for
image</A>");

My guess is that the line I give $temp a value is AFTER the Javascript
definition so maybe the Javacript thinks that $temp has no
value yet?? So is this my problem and if so is there any
way around it because Javascript does have to be inside the head doesn't
it?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Richie
Richie Duggan
Computer Science IV