Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Brent Verner wrote:

>   Applications, specifically applications that _use_ mysql.
>
>   A quick search over at freshmeat returns 1044 results for
> "mysql" and 260 for "postgresql".

That's a pretty reasonable thought. I work for a shop that sells
Postgres support, and even we install MySQL for the Q&D ticket tracking
system we recommend because we can't justify the cost to port it to
postgres. If the postgres support were there, we would surely be using it.

How to fix such a situation, I'm not sure. "MySQL Compatability Mode,"
anyone? :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're