Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> If I do a .tar.gz install of apache, I get /usr/local/apache/conf, which
> is not the standard way you're listing.

I'm going to stay out of this argument from now on, but this struck a sore
point.

/usr is designed to be a filesystem that can be shared. Is the stuff in
/usr/local/apache/conf really supposed to be shared amongst all machines
of that architecture on your site that run apache?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC