Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Kenji T. Hollis wrote:

> Brian:
>
> > > I wrote a message about 4 months ago asking about an Alpha Linux version
> > > of PostGreSQL.  Last I heard, they were working on it and it would be
> > > released in early January with a 64-bit clean version of the server.
> > >
> > > This is my third request.
> >
> > So, fix it your own self and stop whining.  Can't fix it?  Too bad, I
> > guess you'll just have to wait until they get around to it.
>
> Is this how you guys normally handle inquiries?  Idiot replies like this?
> Oh by the way, I tried fixing it.  Next question?

    No, this isn't...generally we tend to try and point you in the
right direction towards determining the problem...

    ...first question is, how many ppl out there are running under a
Linux/Alpha platform, or at least are trying?  I don't have one myself, so
can only be of limited help...

    ...next, do you actually get a core file that you can analyze
using gdb?  If so, what do the results show?

    We can't debug this for you (well, I imagine Thomas would love it
if you sent him a Linux/Alpha machine, then he could help you *grin*), but
if you are willing, we can try and steer you towards a solution...