Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question abou - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question abou
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Michael J. Rogan wrote:

> > > No wonder you're so anti-Linux if you stopped using it in '92. I started with
> > > 0.99pl13 in November '93. It must have been around v0.2 in '92 and of course
> > > it wasn't stable then....
>
> Linux is a lot more stable.  I've had an old 386 notebook running
> as a DNS server up for 519 days!

    Granted, and I had a FreeBSD system running PostgreSQL up for
almost 365 days before an employee accidentally hit the power switch on it
instead of the one beside it *shrug*  I'm not going to switch from what
works for me just because Linux is better then it was 4 years
ago...someday I'd like to add a second system to my home "network" running
Linux, but it wouldn't be my primary system *shrug*