Re: postgresql history - article - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: postgresql history - article
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Pavel,

I think the article is too wide. PostgreSQL history described very little, so I thought
at first it was wrote not by old member of our community :) For example, I think
that my first patch for postgres, which introduced locale support was important
for european users, Vadim Mikheev work on MVCC was very important (remove time-travel
for mvcc), nothing was written about our (me and Teodor) work on extendability of
postgres (GiST, GIN, SP-GiST), full-text search. I think every developer could write
a brief list of his contribution (important). Then we could obtain a big list, ordered
by date with links to hackers. This list could be commented by several sentences, so
we'll eventually have real PG history. Moreover, we could store it in one table and
have online version.

Oleg

http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpostgres.cz%2Fwiki%2FHistorie_projektu_PostgreSQL

> Regards
>
> Pavel

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83