Re: pgsphere - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: pgsphere
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think Dave you fork project, I suggest different name pgsphere-2
to avoid confusion. github would be ok. Teodor and I are really
busy guys, so I don't believe we could participate much, except
discussion and testing. We implemented KNNGiST, you add neighbourhood
search support to pgsphere :)

Oleg

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Hi Oleg,
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> The situation with pgshpere is so, that I think we need new developer, since
>> Janko keep silence :)  I wrote him several time, since I wanted
>> pgsphere now could benefit very much from our KNNGiST feature. This is
>> number one development from my point of view. I and Teodor have no
>> time to work on pgsphere, sorry. But, there are some astronomers I'm working
>> with, who can take part in this. Sergey Karpov has done extensive benchmarks
>> of q3c, rtree and pgsphere and found the latter still has some benefits
>> in some workload, so we are interesting in development.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Oleg
>
> So where do we go from here ?
>

> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

>>> One of the owners is Teodor, who is a core committer ... I hope he's not
>>> MIA.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> andrew
>>>

>>        Regards,
>>                Oleg
>> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
>> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
>> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
>> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83