Re: FTS performance with the Polish config - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: FTS performance with the Polish config
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> czech stemmer doesn't exist :(

I'd try morfessor http://www.cis.hut.fi/projects/morpho/, which is
unsupervised morphological dictionary. I think it'd be not very hard to add
morfessor dictionary template to tsearch2, so people could create their
own stemmers.

>> Ispell dictionary (doesn't matter english, or other language) is slow for
>> the first load and then it caches, so there is no problem if use persistent
>> database connection, which is de facto standard for any serious projects.
>>

> I agree so connection pooling should be a solution. But it is good?
> Cannot we share dictionary better?

We thought about this issue and got some idea. Teodor can be more clear here,
since I don't remember all details.