Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marek Peca
Subject Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Vick,

> I have very similar code written in Perl, and I never observe failures
> like you see after a timeout on the select call.  This code has been
> in production on farily busy systems for several years now.

can you tell me, which libpq and server versions you are running on?
I have constant problems with libpq 8.3.7, connecting remotely to server
of the same version.

Are you connecting remotely, or through failure-safe interfaces like
localhost? I can imagine, that this kind of error can hide if the
connection link is good.

Maybe I should try the Perl way, if it will have the same problem in my
configuration... oh no, is there anybody familiar with this kind of error?

Many thanks,
Marek.