Re: GiST index performance

From: Oleg Bartunov
Subject: Re: GiST index performance
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: GiST index performance  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: GiST index performance  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
   Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
     Re: GiST index performance  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: GiST index performance  (dforum, )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Craig Ringer, )
 Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
   Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: GiST index performance  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: GiST index performance  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: GiST index performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
  Re: GiST index performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: GiST index performance  (Robert Haas, )

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> Matthew Wakeling <> writes:
>> Here is my patch ported over to the seg contrib package, attached. Apply
>> it to seg.c and all should be well. A similar thing needs to be done to
>> cube, but I haven't looked at that.
>
> Teodor, Oleg, do you intend to review/apply this patch?

Tom,

I just returned from trek around Annapurna and just learned about Matthew's
experiments, Teodor is in holidays and will be available after May 11,
then there are should be PGCon, so if it can wait, we could look on this
after PGCon.

Matthew, did you try various data ? From our experience we learned there
are can be various corner cases.

     Regards,
         Oleg
Internet: , http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83