pg_hba.conf not right - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Phillip Smith
Subject pg_hba.conf not right
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

Not sure what I've done (an automatic yum update I suspect!) but my Drupal
site recently died. Traced the problem back to this error in PostgreSQL:
   ESTLOG:  connection received: host=::1 port=37822
   ESTFATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "drupal", database "drupal", SSL off

This PostgreSQL server purely exists these days to run Drupal, and I
haven't touched the config since I set it up - I suspect a yum update
changed something to do with the way Apache or PHP talks to PG. I compiled
PG from source so yum hasn't touched PG.

Here's my pg_hba.conf:
   [root@poweredge2400 data]# cat pg_hba.conf
   # PostgreSQL Client Authentication Configuration File
   # ===================================================
   #

   # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
   local   all         all                               trust
   host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust

   host    all             all     192.168.1.0/24          md5
   host    all             all     172.20.0.0/18           md5

I've managed to get my site running again by telling it to connect to PG
via the 192.168.0.0/24 interface instead of 'localhost'

If I su to 'apache' and run 'psql drupal drupal' it connects fine. What's
been buggered up?

Cheers,
~p

--