Re: HA, failover and load balancing / howto? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: HA, failover and load balancing / howto?
Date
List pgsql-general
Are those geographical copies, or geographical subsets? Multi-master
replication is hard with postgres (read: probably not going to happen) but
if you can partition your data up so that you have one writer for a
subset of records, that could work quite well. Especially if you have rich
clients that can afford fast links between your regional servers.