Re: Linux distro - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: Linux distro
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:

> I'm curious:  which aspect of hardware administration
> on a Linux box would require X (to be running)?  If I *really*

It's not that it can't be done, it's that having a window environment can
make things easier. (I find 24x80 pretty cramped, and I like large
scrollback buffers.)

But like most computer efficiency questions, this whole thread tangent
boils down to how much overhead you want your computer to dedicate to
making your life easier at the expense of whatever else it was supposed to
be doing.