Re: PostgreSQL books for beginner - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: PostgreSQL books for beginner
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, venkata rao wrote:

> could you suggest good books for a beginner learning PostgreSQL database.

   The Douglas and Douglas book -- second edition -- is excellent as an
introduction to PostgreSQL. If you want to learn SQL, any book by Joe Celko
will be the best you can do. It's been too long since I learned how to
design and normalize databases for me to be able to recommend a current
reference on that.

Rich