Re: Best OS & Configuration for Dual Xeon w/4GB & - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: Best OS & Configuration for Dual Xeon w/4GB &
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> Adam Witney wrote:
>>
>>> decibel@noel.2[5:43]~:15>sudo diskinfo -vt /dev/mirror/gm0
>>
>> Can anyone point me to where I can find diskinfo or an equivalent to run on
>> my debian system, I have been googling for the last hour but can't find it!
>> I would like to analyse my own disk setup for comparison
>
> I guess you could use hdparm (-t or -T flags do a simple benchmark).
>
> Though iozone or bonnie++ are probably better.

You might also have a look at lmdd for sequential read/write performance from
the lmbench suite: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmbench

As numbers from lmdd are seen on this frequently.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/